Saturday, September 8, 2012

Jewelry Chaos Controlled

I have a bit of a mess...


My bad habit of dumping my jewelry in a drawer or all over my dresser, depending on the laziness level of the day, has created quite a frustrating tangle. Though I do tend to be a creature of habit when it comes to the jewelry I wear each day, I still like to change things up every now and then. But since my jewelry mess has grown to such gigantic proportions, it's hard to know what I have, let alone find something new on one of my change-it-up days.  Enough is enough! Time to take control. 

I needed an organization / storage solution, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money - well, I didn't want to spend any money actually, so I decided to use what I had on hand.


I had this bulletin board left over from another project -- easy to do: moulding cut to make a frame or buy a ready-made frame; glue cork to the frame's picture backing or foam core cut to size; spray paint the whole thing black. Easy peasy!


Next, I decided to use these pushpins that I bought to put up my older son's Def Leppard wall hanging. (Yes, my 11 year old is a Def Leppard fan.) I plucked all the black pins from the package and added them to the bulletin board...


Voila! Necklace organization! Now I am able to see what I have, and it's all right within reach. Currently, my creation is sitting precariously on my dresser, but I have plans to hang it on the wall.

Now, I just need to come up with a solution for the earrings, bracelets and rings!

How do you organize / store your jewelry? Feel free to leave a comment below.  And don't forget to become a member of Nest Notes -- just look for the "Join this site" button under Followers on the right side of the page!

xoxo,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment